Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Think 'bout iT! #10

I’ve recently decided that I am going to take EMT….well, that’s kind of a funny way of putting it, because I decided a long while ago that I would take EMT, it’s just been recently that the Lord has opened up the doors for me to take it. During the recent process of applying and such my father sent us a link to a daily devotional it was about how sometimes we say we are going through an open door when in actuality we are elbowing our way through that “open door”. In light of that my mother asked me if I had ever prayed about this “open door” for EMT; I hadn’t. I had just assumed that this was the ‘open door’; because of the series of events that had lead up to this I just assumed that this was it;
If you’ve known me for any small amount of time you will know this is something I’ve been trying to do for awhile. Once a senior in high school people would ask, “so what are you going to do now?”
My response would be, “I’m gonna try to take EMT in the fall.” Once Fall came around and I was still sittin’ around someone would ask me, “what are you up to now?”
My response, “I’m gonna try to take EMT in the Winter.” As time would go it came and went so quickly and as the New Year rolled around a person would ask, “what are going to do now?”
My response, “I’m gonna try to take EMT in the Spring.” Again and again this cycle went around – and I often thought deep down inside that it would just never happen. But this New Years; January 2008, the Lord spoke something to me, into my being, and I just knew inside that I was finally going to take it this year. That this was it. In January my family and I took a trip down to Medford OR.
We were standing in the hotel parking lot and I looked at my sister and said, “Em,
I’m gonna take EMT this year. It’s really gonna happen. This is it, I’m gonna take it this Spring.” She gave me that look that said, ‘where did that come from?’ and honestly, I didn’t know. It really just kinda came out of my mouth, other than my sister I hadn’t told anyone.
As Winter was starting to draw to it end, I looked around for opportunities for EMT. All the doors were closed. How could I have been so wrong? So off from what the Lord was telling me? 'Then sun went on rising and setting (few may recognizes that quote ;) even though I had felt I had failed'.

Different things began to open up - I friend of the family told me there was a class going on, I talked to a mentor and they got me going in the right direction and everything seemed to go well. So I just assumed – that this was the open door that the Lord wanted me to take. But then after my mother asked if I had ever prayed about it, a close friend asked me if I had prayed about this decision. Again, actually, I hadn’t. So I began to seek Him about it, but still wondering how could I have been so wrong? How could I have missed His leadings and His word?

But talked to my mother and she said, “This may be the ‘open door’ He wants you to go through, but perhaps He just wants you to pray and ask just so He can smile and say ‘yes.’ He wants you pray about things, the right things, so we’ll know where the gifts are from. So let us ask Him that He may smile and say yes, but also that we may know where are the gifts are from.



Think 'bout iT!

No comments: