Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pray like crazy...

Hi There! 
Life has been sooo busy and crazy.  I am almost done with my first year of college down here in Oregon.  I am terrified and relieved.  Three more weeks.  Four more weeks and I'll be home for a bit, for that I am super stoked but before I get to go home, I have to do finals.  What is with that? ;) The Lord has given me so much and brought me this far with some amazing stories: 

The very fact that I've moved here of all places the Lord had to have ordained that.  

All the doors that have been open along the way, countless really. 

I had to take a class that required one of the books out of a six set required for the Paramedic program itself, so instead of buying the same book twice, in hopes that I would eventually be in the program I bought the set, as suggested by my advisor (who also teaches the paramedic classes)   Well, recently my advisor said that they were thinking about buying a new set.  I was like "what?!" But he said that either I would be able to exchange my old set for the new one, the company would but back the old set, or the provider of the books would give me the new set for FREE!  Is God good?! 

And God even provided a scholarship! Tomorrow night Emily and I are going to the award ceremony.  God gave me a scholarship for next year that will pay a good chunk of expenses. Praise Him and thank you to the Coeta and Donald Baker Endowed Scholarship Foundation! 

However, there are some major things that I need prayer for:

I still need to get into the Paramedic program!!!!  Here is the issue with that:  you can only have a maximum of 5 classes to complete, including your paramedic at the time you apply.   (Which I will be applying very shortly, the deadline is June 15) Right now I have 6.  Here are a couple things to pray about; I either have to....

Test out of Computer Science 120, which I hear is not too hard, the test is $50 every try.  and/or
Ask the math teacher if he will take me into math 65 so pray for favor. (skip math 60)
and/or
See if I can take math 60 and 65 over the summer, but this will still put me at 6 classes to complete unless I can test out of CS120.  

But...I just re-tested with my last chance on Thursday with a fever and the flu, and today I just found out that they changed the cut-off-scores Friday, which may have been why I couldn't register this weekend, because I am no longer eligible for Math 60, which would drop me to Math 20, which would disqualify me from the Paramedic program, which would also make me ineligible for the scholarship as well.  *sigh* I'm a little nervous....I really don't know how this is going to work, how the Lord will make this fly, but...I am really at a loss - I need you guys to pray, pray like crazy.  Thank you for your love, and support....I don't know where I would be without you all! 

Dear Lord, I come before you now in Jesus name.  I want to lift up my brothers and my sisters that have warred on my behalf.  I thank you for them, the gift, the enjoyment and the treasure I have in them.  Lord, I don't know where I would be with out my family.  Thank you Jesus, thank you for my family, I pray that you would bless them today, sing over them with Your joy, be their rock, and may they feel Your presence there, with them so strongly.   Thank you Jesus, I praise You for You are good.  In Jesus name, Amen! 

Love you all! 

No comments: