Saturday, January 31, 2009

Expectation

Hi all!

I'm sorry I didn't post something earlier - this we was "Mid-Terms Round One!" *DING*
(you could be praying for the rest of that too ;o)

Thank you so much for your prayers for this study. Last night we "officially" started, there were six of us girls. There are several more that are planning on starting next week. So please pray that they would not be hindered by the enemy and if its the Lord's will that He would indeed bring them here.

Esther is an amazing little book. For a book that doesn't use the name of God - it has an awesome theology; that perhaps even though, "...I can't find Him, but I know He is there..." -Beth Moore. I'm am so excited for this and I don't know what God has planned but - I know He has something for us and for this group. He confirmed it last night.

Last week when we "started" the study only one gal came - before that evening my mother and I prayed of the phone and I was kinda nervous cause all the girls I knew and trusted the most couldn't be there that night because of one thing or another. And I was so nervous! I said, "whose gonna be there for me?" and my mom prayed that of the girls that would come that night that the Lord would point on out that could 'be there for me'. Pray over this group with me - tag team it, someone that I could talk about my homework with, and just be there for me as we are going through this. My mother prayed that I would know exactly who is was to be and that my eyes would see past the rest and that I would know who the Lord had. Well, only one gal showed up. So the Lord was like, here I'll make it obvious. So we talked and I got to get to know her and we prayed and was just an amazing time of fellowship. As we were praying something that the Lord kept putting on my heart over and over again was just the word expectation. I was like, okay God what ever you want me to do so I prayed that we would be expecting big things through this study.
Well this week when we watched the first session, and Beth Moore talked about why we should study a book that doesn't even mention the name of God.
(1) It's His Word
(2) (are ya ready for this...) It offers hope and she went on to describe what hope meant in a biblical sense, you know what it meant? Having an expectation.

I am so excited and have such and expectation for what the Lord will do in my heart and in the hearts of these young women. If you could would you pray:
That the Lord would bless this time
The enemy would be bound and for protection for myself and the girls
That the girls would find time to do the homework, their quiet time, - where the Lord will speak to them the most.

I am so glad I have a family like you guys to go to - where I know prayers will be lifted up and and battle will be done on our behalf. I love you all so much. Thank you again.
Miss you all!
- In Him


"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." Romans 15:4

1 comment:

Go-Between said...

We will continue to pray and expect great things! What a hoot - the first DVD - eh?