Thursday, October 8, 2009

Paramedics-to-be and IVs

Well I've made it through the first couple weeks! =D The homework load has not been too bad and I've passes, praise the Lord all the quizes so far, including the pop-quiz this morning. Yay! Nor have I been suicidal! They said that several students from the previous class hit suicidal about two-three weeks into it.

Here are a couple things that I would really like your prayer in for this upcoming time:

Prayer for safety! - We are starting to work with IVs so even just when working in the lab with my classmates pray that we would all be safe with the needles and everything else!

Also when we get out into our clinicals and internships - Two of the paramedic students from the previous class while going through their internship, just last week were exposed to dirty needle sticks. One of the student's patient that they were transporting refuses to be tested. So pray for not only protection but wisdom and attention to detail. That as I start to develop a style and habit in starting IVs and etc that I would be paying attention to detail and the Lord would guide my hands and bless what I do.

The Right Place - we are starting our clinical rotations in several weeks. I will be in the OR and ER. There are several different places we can choose from and I'm planing on two of the hospitals out of 5 in the area. Just pray that I would be listening to where the Lord would have me go. And where I will learn the most and gain from the experience. Also that I would have favor with the doctors and nurses and that I would be on my toes ready for what comes!

The Right Person - I know its a bit down the road, but for our internship next summer we will get assigned a proctor for the duration of our entire internship. And I've heard bad stories of students getting with nasty proctors or proctors who just didn't really care so even now students are trying to complete all their time because their proctor wasn't there; because if your proctor isn't there you can't be. Or just plain not getting good proctors. So I'm already praying really hard that I won't get certain people I already know, thats sounds terrible I know. But if you would pray with me that the Lord would move on the heart of the agency I work with and my instructor that I would be placed with just the right person God has for me. Someone who will teach me, help me, but not give me all the answers...and well, God knows exactly what I'll need. :o)

Thank you for your prayers - they mean so so much. When I walk into class I know this work that the Lord has me doing is covered in prayer. I thank God for you! I love and miss you all!

May the Lord bless you for your partnership in this work!

-In Him

1 comment:

Go-Between said...

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness!
I am so thankful for His provision and for His promise to give you all you have need of!
But I am also so thankful for you and so proud of you to stay with the vision He has given you even when its tough!
Praying!