Redeeming Love.
I looked at the cover.
I do not want to read this.
Last I heard someone teach on Hosea, I sobbed. I haven't even been able to read Hosea for the past three years since. I wasn't going to be vulnerable, and I for sure wasn't going to let myself get hurt. No way was I gonna read that!
Well, days have rolled by and we been doing lots of errands - I was getting just a tad board. I saw the book and though a second moment about it - well, at least it will be better than sitting and being board out of my brain. So I picked it up. We hadn't left yet so I opened it - my mind half thinking about the book and half thinking about everything else that needed to be done. I studied the cover - and opened the pages.
I read the dedication; to all those who hurt and hunger. I twinged.
I turned the next page and read the title of the set of chronicles; child of darkness. That didn't really want to make me read it more. I flipped to the next page - and started to read the prologue. I felt like I was about to step into her dark world and I was afraid.
Truthfully, I didn't even know who "she" would be. Except, I knew she was hurt, lost and felt used and worthless and didn't dare trust the one man who could save her.
Below the prologue title there was a quote, it was of Shakespeare; "the price of darkness is a gentleman."
I read the first couple sentences; I found that "she" was Sarah. I read two more sentences. I was in Sarah's world for just a few moments. I looked up and we were leaving. I left Sarah in the first pages of the prologue and clutched the book close to my chest and walked out into the snow. I looked at the cover again. I was afraid to open the pages - to go back into her dark world. I felt sick to my stomach. I took a deep breath. I would join Sarah on her journey - I would dare to be a on-looker; watching transparent lives, come to life on these pages.
There was a point in this book.
A lesson to be learned from the characters.
A dear hope woven through the words and pages by the author.
Would I get it though?
Would I grasp the love of God for once in my life?!
Or would I just become bitter and hard, and guard my heart even more?
Why couldn't things just stay the way they are? I've made it this far, and I really didn't want to dig up the things that I've kept deep and buried - then I heard His voice sweetly speak, "Because then you'll miss the wonderful things I have in store for you. And there are places I won't take you until you know my love and understand what that makes you; it makes you Mine, and it makes you free. And that is what makes you special."
The high cost of regret versus costly repentance
-
I was always told that you get what you pay for. One can buy something
cheap, but only if one doesn't mind having to pay the cost again, and
again, and ye...
12 years ago

1 comment:
Hey Worship Warrior -
I got your comment on my blog, and wanted to email you, but this will do. I am so glad to have heard from you. Do you live in the Rogue Valley? I grew up there, but now I am in So.OC and actually Peter John Courson has become our pastor. What a blessing to meet (via computer) fellow siesta's in the LORD.
I love Him so!
Molly
Post a Comment