Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Special Ops. Log 29 by SSAiC

09:30AM My Partner in Special Ops. Emily and I, SSAiC, got up

09:45AM The Chief and Cadet George left to go meet the people who wanted to look at K-9 Emma

09:48AM Sat at table drinking my morning cup of milk and partner Emily drank her decaffeinated, sugar free, non-fat, zero calories, tasteless beverage; water. In the quiet calm of the day when it struck us something was not right.

09:50AM My partner, Emily, stopped the enjoyment of her morning refreshment and said,
"Is that a car?"
"A car?" I modestly replied, and looked toward the OPEN front door and listened and realized...my cup was out of milk!!! No, no....I realized my partner was right! We calmly looked at each other and did the rational thing to do....HIT THE FLOOR! and stealth-fully army crawled in our jammies behind the breakfast bar.
We regrouped on the kitchen floor and methodically thought out our next move....as our trusted guard; Fluffers joined us on the floor.
"Who do you think it is?!?!?!" I suppressed the panic in my throat, and tried not to throw myself into a coughing fit.
My partner then spoke up and said, "I believe it was a dusty blue, Acrua, mini-SUV."
"Well WHOSE IS IT?!?" As we sat quietly in out thoughts and plan of attack, which were crowed by giggles of girlish giddiness; our thoughts were interrupted...KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.Our guard in her cleaver K-9 approached charged the door! BARK, BARK, BARK!
In a unshaken voice I ask my partner, "wh-wh-what should we d-d-do!?!?!?" My partner pointed out that my courage jacket was on the chair and that I should put it on and move stealthily over to the denn where I would saunter out and approach the intruder. I gussied up the courage with my courage jacket and decided my partner was right.....popping up from behind the breakfast bar would appear a bit cowardly and appear a bit more than odd.
The plan was underway. I had crawled to the den and stood, and saluted my partner and marched to join our K-9 guard in mortal combat. I put on a happy face to fool the intruder and planed my explanation for jammies and my courage jacket. I went over my part in my head, 'oh hello, I'm sorry but I didn't hear you, I'm sick at home you see and have not taken a shower or anything...that you see is my reason for my slothfulness.' However, I reach the door and no one was there. I looked down the road and saw the intruders retreating in their dusty blue, HONDA pilot.

09:54AM I told my partner that it was safe to advance to the front and retreat to the back-pod, our bedrooms.
"Good grief, what are they doing here? It's only 9 o'clock!" As she observed the clock on the microwave. It read 9:54."Ok, so ten, but still...."
" 9 to 9...." I reminded my partner.
" That only applies to telephone." I was promptly reminded - as she trailed down the hall, I was calling Mobile Command HQ....and by HQ I mean....oh you know that, ok Mr. Smarty Pants. ;) I updated HQ on our lasted scenario and hung up the phone....and CLOSED the front door.
"Who do you think it was?"
"I don't know...." My partner replied.
"Do you think it was the Hahnulas? Hey! Maybe he wants his car back!?" ;)
"yeah!..wait, what?"
"I'm mean maybe they want their jars back."

11:00AM Mobile Command had come back from their morning mission to survey the situation at hand.
"You know it could have been the German Shepard people." Cadet George suggested. (K-9 Fluffer's eyes aren't as they used to be...)My partner and I looked at each other it somewhat embarrassment and bummer-age. "Great."
"It is Wednesday." The Chief stated while doing the dishes.
All three of us looked in bewilderment. "Labulay! Yes...I mean, Wednesday! I don't get it. What's Wednesday?" ;)
"It's the day that the JW's go out."
"Really?"
"Yes." Chief usually knows what she's talkin' about.
"They do drive nicer cars." My partner stated the obvious I had overlooked.
"True."
THE END

This is just one of the many encounters that happens here in Special Ops. So remember kids close the front door. We've hope you've enjoyed this little adventure with us -until next time.

- Special Secret Agent in Charge: SSAiG

No comments: