Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We PLAYED!


Hi Y'all! (totally wanted to say that for no random reason)
Well, I'm in Oregon! It's beautiful and sunny and I'm really liking it so far! During the prayer time before I left there were a few prayers that our family would play, and we had been wanted to do something fun as a family before I headed off; well we went to Sea Side!!! It was so much fun! We played - thank you so much for your prayers! Here are the pictures enjoy!




Here it is Sea Side, Oregon!



Emily took this picture - she is an awesome photographer





\This is an Oregon trail memorial and I wanted my family to point at it and act amazed by it - well as you can see my family is amazing....they thought it was a silly idea




This is for you Patty!




We walked by this candy store and Grace was pretty much floored by the idea of that much candy in one spot...it was pretty funny. Oh and this place also had coconut flavored taffy - it's the seconded best thing when a Cold Stone isn't around! Uhh needless to say I got a few pieces




Grace was checkin' out the Jelly Bean display




I'm not quite sure what caused her to give this expression but it probably had something to do with the candy....




Jelly Beans...............




FlashBack! We had Green Rivers, they were sooo good!





This was the North West Dog competition, something or other - it was really cool they had a few from WA. There were some from our area!




So uhh, do you think Kim went?
(it's kinda hard to see but the wall says "Kim, Homecoming?" in chalk - cute idea!)





They also had the Buddy Walk going on - that was fun to see.



Here is my $4.29 Burger! It was actually very good!





Em can't eat red meat yet so she got a Fish n' Chips basket: $14.29
Having a blast at Sea Side with the family: priceless.
(hahah, sorry couldn't help myself!)



This dude gave away free taffy all weekend long!




So we got a kite - and we decided we were gonna fly it!



Ok, so we tried - I didn't put all the pictures of our kite flying experience up here because it might have gotten depressing to see how many time the kite was on the ground -



VICTORY!!!!!!



Ever heard of backseat driver....yeah, well backseat flyer - totally.




Right here was the hand off -



We actually got it up in the air and flying! Ha! What a thought.




Papa was trying to coach us - it worked.




Grace and me flying the kite....




Grace playing in the sand!





Ok, so check in was at 4 o'clock but we had gotten there early so we asked if we could check in early, they said no. But these people checked in and so did the people in front of us in line. Not that we are bitter or anything.....





....sooooo we waited but we had fun to. Oh, because we had all my stuff in the car, so we wouldn't have to unpack it, we got to ride in the back of the truck where ever we went in Sea Side! That was super fun!





There was a place where you could rent mopeds, electric cars 2 seaters and 4 seaters, (which we turned into a 5 seater), and bikes and other cool stuff, so we rented this one...it had a little horn on it and everything.....sooooo much FUN!





Grace and Emily having FUN!





There we are in our little electric car...it really was fun, it was kinda like dragging main, so I'm told, you just drove around and honked your horn and waved and anyone and everyone. And because it was a tourist town everyone waved back! So much fun!




Does this look like Japan's roads and traffic, Jami?





There was a huge track and field competition that weekend as well. We saw alot of track peoples doing the bicycle...they were going up hill and someone ended up jumping out and giving them a little push.




There's me! I actually got to drive this!! My family kinda flipped out about it, Grace thought we were gonna die or something....have no idea where she got that idea.




This is the main street BROADWAY!




This is a pretty picture that Emily took of the main street; Broadway


Here is our hotel; RiverSide


This is Andrew and Laura - we met them at Sea Side.
Congratulations!



Ok, so I didn't actually get to ride this thing but you know, I can dream....



Here is George, isn't she cute!?




Jami this is for Tristan.....bugs.




Just a randomly cute bug we saw at an AppleBee's in Roseburg




yes...we are still trying to put my desk thingy together, in the hotel parking lot...memories



Thank you for all your prayers - we played and had a wonderful time!
Sea Side 2008

2 comments:

Life is Good said...

The kids definitely enjoyed the bug picture and immediately identified some of them--were they from Japan, they wondered? Because we do have some of those big beetles here. The boys have one for a pet, and are looking for a bigger one.
The street looked almost like downntown Zushi, except I didn't see any bikes or motorcycles weaving in and out around you! AHHH! City driving!!!
Cute pictures of you all. I'm so glad you had that time together. Hang in there....this is the hardest time. It WILL get easier, and God WILL provide!
Love, Jami

Worship Warrior said...

Hahaha! Totally glad they liked the bugs! I saw and I said I have to get a picture of that for Jami's kids! They might be from Japan. It was an oriental store - so wouldn't be surprised! Glad you enjoyed the pictures! Thank you for your support and prayers!