Sunday, August 31, 2008

DAY 2 personal pharaohs [NAMING OUR PHARAOHS]

2 Kings 17.7-8

#1 I was talking to my mother about that. How in today's world it's really all around us, it's even in the way we think. Beth touched on it in her Daniel study; the Babylon mentality, 'I am and there is no other.' It's the world we live in; convenience, meet your needs, all about you, your time, what makes you happy...etc.

#2 "hand" or "house of" or "power of"

#3 I'm not sure Lord. Would you show me? (looking over these again - I'm beginning to see some personal pharaohs; from people to emotions, a feeling or even a state of mind.)

#4 Something I've noticed in Exodus 1 was the children of Israel multiplied and grew and even grew "mighty", 3 times it was listed after it was recorded what Egypt did to snuff them out. At this point they still feared God in their bondage and He still blessed them in numbers and might.
a. Oppressiveness - taskmasters. Someone that governed their day; and for us it can be a someone or something that governs our day and our lives. (agendas maybe)
b. Not only were their agendas taken away but their freedom in their personal lives as well. (mid-wives) No longer were just their agendas being changed and manipulated but their personal lives were being manipulated, but the mid-wives feared God and God blessed them. However the people of Israel were now controlled not only with their work lives but their personal lives as well.

#5 refer to above

#6 Just one of many is the image of my body; what I think it should be; it dictates how confident I am in everything I do. How i act and the way I think and what I view my worth and value. Fantasy, can put you in a blue funk or pull you out of one any day.
The attention I was getting from guys and when it all slowed down to a stop my self-esteem went down too. The lack of attention, lack of worth and so on.

#7 My image, my worth, attention - they governed my day, my emotions and they started to dictate my personal life. And sometimes I felt no control over it. Jesus free me. Whatever the oppression is or was - Now I need to know I'm secure in who I am, and secure in my identity. The children of Israel were known for the God they served, they weren't secure in it, they went their old ways. Please Lord free me and may I know with-out a doubt who I am and whose I am, that I may never turn back to my oppressor to find my easily identifiable identity. Jesus make me Your's

"It won't be easy, you'll have to learn My ways - walk with Me, watch Me and see my business as I do it. See my people from My view - your Mine; I made you." - God

No comments: